Monday, September 15, 2008

The Interview with Jarek Kupsc, Director, Writer and Star of “The Reflecting Pool” – Part IV...Plus!

The Reflecting Pool wins at The Moondance Film Festival!
(originally published by OpEdNews)



August 30, 2008 - The Reflecting Pool, a theatrical presentation that deals with an explanation of what took place on September 11, 2001 other than that given by the US government and mainstream media, has won the Columbine Award at the Moondance Film Festival which was held this week-end in Boulder, CO.

The Reflecting Pool was written and directed by Polish born Jarek Kupsc and stars Kupsc as well as Joseph Culp, son of well known actor Robert Culp. The Reflecting Pool was produced on a shoe string budget and basically “broke” the film’s producers.
The win is, consequently, good news for Kupsc and Culp.

The video was screened throughout the US in independent venues. Kupsc and Culp actually toured with the movie and attended all of the initial screenings.

Kupsc will be taking the movie to his native Poland in September. There it will be screened at one of Poland’s largest film festivals.

Culp is also traveling to Europe with the film. He will be screening it in Norway.
Kupsc was recently interviewed by OpEdNews.

I thought I’d lead off with the great news above. Justice may eventually be done!!

Interview with Jarek Kupsc, Director, Writer and Star of “The Reflecting Pool” – Part IV
(originally published by OpEdNews)

What follows is the fourth part in a four part series which was my interview with Jarek Kupsc.

I could hear his passion, even over the phone, and his movie, “The Reflecting Pool”, was made for those who are skeptical about the 9/11 Truth movement, but haven’t done the research to know why they’re skeptical. It was shot so that he could dramatically portray what many scientists, architects, present and former military people and just plain seekers of the truth have been saying since not long after September 11, 2001. He hopes that, if a person is just willing to watch a movie, not a documentary or even a docudrama, but a dramatic movie that explains theatrically what very well could have happened on 9/11, that person will want to begin to look further into the issue. America loves movies and “The Reflecting Pool” is a decent one.

The fact that Kupsc is an immigrant makes his theatrical expression even more amazing. The Regime hasn’t been real busy looking for wayward Polish immigrants, but the pseudo-patriotism sickness which was at its peak not long ago and, unfortunately, still exists, puts Kupsc in the “non-American” category, especially with his implication that the US government was involved in 9/11.

If he was a nice Polish immigrant, got a nice job, owned a nice house, drove a nice car and talked about the weather and “what about them Mets”, the fact that he’s only been an American citizen for a short while would not only be accepted, but he would be held up to our southern border and people would be shouting, “See, this is what a well behaved immigrant is like.”

Not that “brave” is an antonym for “nice”, but he is a brave immigrant. It’s easy to turn on anyone who wasn’t born and raised in the good ole US of A if that person “steps out of line.”

The thing is, Jarek Kupsc hasn’t stepped out of line. He’s looked the jingoism right in the eye and told it to step into line, to start being interested in what’s going on around it and to, at least, call for a new investigation into 9/11; one in which the investigation team is as detached as possible from The Regime; one in which the investigation team not only has the right to force any person who’s pertinent to what happened on 9/11 to publicly testify and to do it under oath, but one that uses that power; an investigation team which won’t leave important testimony out of its final report.

I urge everyone to watch “The Reflecting Pool”, especially those who say what Kupsc and so many other people imply could never happen in The United States.

Jarek Kupsc is one brave Polish immigrant.

“An investigation of the 9/11 events by a Russian-American journalist implicates the US government in the attacks.

Alex Prokop (Jarek Kupsc), a successful journalist, receives a rare 9/11 videotape revealing new information about the day of the attacks. The footage was sent by Paul Cooper (Joseph Culp), a driven researcher whose daughter died on 9/11. Sensing a good story, Prokop travels with Cooper to New York and Washington, D. C., where they uncover suppressed information about the attacks and their aftermath. As Cooper introduces Prokop to key eye-witnesses, the façade of the “official story” begins to crumble.”

Bonanno: Are there people at your screenings that come in fully believing the official story but leave with a different view?

Kupsc: I’ve been confronted 3 or 4 times maybe, during the Q and A by people who are just not buying what we’re trying to sell, so to speak.

We engage in a discussion and we try to prove that, indeed, there is a reason we should question. Whatever happens among skeptics, it immediately becomes apparent they have very little information about 9/11. Whatever information they do have comes from the mainstream media. It’s really easy to debate these guys because they have no scientific background for debating this issue.

Take the collapse of Building 7. They’ve been completely misinformed or under informed or ignorant of the realities of what happened on 9/11.

Most skeptics that I encounter talk about Osama bin Laden. How they saw Osama bin Laden on prime time television confessing to masterminding 9/11.

Everybody who cares already knows that tape was a fake and it wasn’t even Osama bin Laden.

Then I tell them go to FBI.gov and look at the Most Wanted poster for Osama bin Laden, which they do.

I had a person in Maine who came to a screening. She asked me a question.

I said, “Go to FBI.gov, it’s a government web site, the FBI’s web site and look up the poster for Osama bin Laden, Most Wanted and read his crimes listed on the poster. Let me know if you find 9/11 because 9/11 is not listed as one of the crimes allegedly perpetrated by Osama bin Laden.”

When you confront the FBI, their official stance is, and I quote, “The FBI has no hard evidence linking Osama bin Laden to 9/11.”

This person, she didn’t believe me. She went home and looked it up. Then she came back the next day for the next show and apologized to me. She said, “You were right, there is no connection.”

She brought her 95 year old father with her because she was so shocked that this basic information was not available to the public, the fact that Osama bin Laden, in fact, is not wanted for 9/11.

Yet, there was the trump card that was played on the American public in going into Afghanistan and trying to connect Osama bin Laden to Saddam Hussein. If you read some polls by Fox News viewers, 40% or something like that still believe that Osama bin Laden was supported by Saddam Hussein. Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.

It’s these kind of people we have sometimes.

I’m also not trying to ram any information down their throats saying, “I know better than you.” It’s quite the contrary. I introduce them to some evidence that’s very simple and gentle.

I can dismantle anybody’s skepticism within 10 minutes. They just have no ammunition to counterpoint my rationale.

I wish that people would bring it up in the media. There would be an open debate. Something like what Amy Goodman did once with the “Loose Change” guys debating the Popular Mechanics guys.

Unfortunately, Amy Goodman would not go any further. She would not take sides which was a real shame.

A debate like this should be readily available for anybody who wants to discuss politics on American television. Instead, we have this media circus. There’s no information of any kind coming out of the media that would make people think about any issues. It’s pure entertainment.

Bonanno: She also had a debate between Griffin and, uh, I don’t know who the other guy was, and I don’t want to presume to speak for Amy Goodman, that’s for sure. I have a lot of respect for Amy Goodman. During that debate, it appeared to me, anyway, through her body language and even the questioning – she seemed to be a little bit tougher on Griffin than she was on the other guy - that she might have a hard time with the alternate 9/11 theory. I really don’t know, however, what her personal opinion is on that.

Kupsc: I know that Amy Goodman supports the reopening of an investigation. This is as far as she goes. She refused to have me on her show numerous times. I spoke with her on the phone and I had people hand her our movie several times, so she has it. I don’t know if she’s seen it.

I used to watch her show in New York. I lived there. I listen to it periodically on the radio. I completely respect 95% of her reporting. I also know that one of her biggest backers is The Ford Foundation. She also happens to be the biggest fund raiser for Pacifica Radio. There are just certain things she can not say for obvious reasons.

What can I say? It’s just reality.

Bonanno: OK, two more questions about the movie. Then I really would like to get into your opinion on this election because I also have some opinions and I’d like to know if they line up with mine.

I read two reviews. One pretty good review and the other, The Village Voice, I think it was, which describes “The Reflecting Pool” as just an extension of your personal opinion and you’re trying to get your political agenda across.

One thing they said that really upset me, at least, was that Building 7 is the 9/11 Truth’s “Area 51”.

Now, I know I’ve never seen Area 51 on television.

I don’t know what you think about that but, to me, that analogy is absolutely empty.

Kupsc: The analogy is pretty obvious. When you do a hit piece on any 9/11 Truth oriented issue, there’s a check list you have to follow. The first and foremost thing you have to say is that the 9/11 Truth Movement is basically the same thing as confirming that extraterrestrials are flying flying saucers around Area 51. The first point they always make is, “This is straight out of “The X-Files”, these are the moon landing conspiracy theorists.

They immediately group you with things that are so outlandish and preposterous that, by default, you associate the 9/11 Truth Movement with craziness, with tinfoil hats. That’s their favorite slogan. “These tinfoil hat wearing people” and “You have to tip your tinfoil hats to these people.”

Another thing they do is to group you with Anti-Semitic, Holocaust deniers. Every negative review we’ve ever had from the mainstream basically grouped us with sci-fi or Anti-Semitic rhetoric, which is unfortunate. That’s the check list they have to use.

It’s not just our movie. There have been other individuals, even on MSNBC, that were questioning 9/11. They would immediately bring in their “experts” who would start their commentary by saying, “Yes, this is straight out of “The X-Files””.

It’s something we have to deal with. It makes me laugh, personally, because I know how counterintelligence works and what they have to do to make people ridicule us. We just have to get beyond that. We have to be smart enough not to let it bother you and counterpoint it with an intelligent argument.

Bonanno: I think that a very important part of “The Reflecting Pool”, Jarek, is where you present people that are like that. There’s the guy who has the show called “Bare Facts”. I can’t for the life of me think of who he reminds me of. I’ll have to think about that just a little bit more. It’s a mystery to me.

Kupsc: Bill O’Reilly, perhaps?

Bonanno: Oh, yeah, ok. It sounds a little bit like him.

You have the guy at the end who is from Mechanical Science, which, I presume, is Popular Mechanics.

You have the guy in the garage with the hologram theory.

I think you handle that really well. I think those who are on the fence will be able to identify with those who are skeptical, who can see where there’s no room even to discuss it. You know, “Shut-up” or “Cut his mic”.

Kupsc: Yeah, that’s nothing I invented. I had a funny reaction when the Bill O’Reilly type talk show host cuts off the mic of his guest because she’s saying something that he doesn’t want to hear and he basically shuts her up.

I showed that film in Europe once and people were like, “Oh my God, this is so preposterous. This is pure fantasy. How can a talk show host say this to his guest?”

Bonanno: Not in America, either, that’s for sure.

Kupsc: They were completely unaware that this particular reaction was based directly on humorous clips of Bill O’Reilly doing exactly that. That’s a very specific behavior of such a host which is deliberately abusive and entertaining. Abuse is very entertaining to people in America. Physical and verbal abuse is what drives the ratings up. That’s what we have. It’s a game show.

Bonanno: Something I did is I wrote a letter to Bill O’Reilly which I obviously never got an answer to and I never expected to. I tried to egg him on a little bit by saying, “Just think how famous you would be. You’d be like Walter Cronkite if you just changed, if you turned, you did a 180 and said, “I’ve been wrong about this. I’ve just been doing it for the money.””

I don’t know if people would start throwing eggs at him, speaking of egging him on or he would take some of the skeptics with him.

It’s not necessarily right wing or left wing, either. I think that’s one thing people have to understand about this.

Kupsc: Well, Bill O’Reilly, in the early ‘90s, right after “JFK” came out and it was a very popular subject to discuss, basically came out and said the CIA was involved in the assassination when he was still a journalist. You can look up his comments on that.

Something happened to him along the way. He was always very unpopular with his colleagues. I know people who worked for him back in the day.

Now, he could not get any more popular than he already is with the American public. Americans, I don’t know why, they love jerks.

Bonanno: They do love some.

However, I think they’d like this movie. It’s a great movie. I don’t mean in the sense of winning an Academy Award. Considering the resources you had to work with, it’s in no way “hackish”. It wasn’t second rate. It’s as good as some movies I’ve seen and not as good as others as far as the quality is concerned.

Kupsc: I really appreciate that.

Bonanno: It’s not, by any stretch of the imagination, unwatchable. I appreciate that and I appreciate your making the movie.

I would like to hear your take on the election. I don’t think you’re going to be telling me who the better candidate is, but I’m just guessing here.

Kupsc: The only thing I want to mention about the election, the upcoming election – first, I’m not even going to mention McCain because there’s no point.

I’d like to talk about Obama just a little bit. It took me a very long time to understand what Obama was standing for. I was really always impressed with the quality of his posters and his logo. I could not believe how good his posters were and how good his logo is.

Finally, I think I read something by Naomi Klein. I was reading her book No Logo a few months ago. It’s a very impressive book. I love Naomi Klein.

It dawned on me just a few days ago that Obama is not a person. We’re not going to elect a person to the office of the presidency. We’re going to elect a logo. We’re going to elect a poster, a blank slate and a logo.

This is what Americans have been doing for a very long time. They vote for a brand identification. Brand identification is what drives this country crazy. People stick to their logos for their shoes, their caps, their cars. It’s all about the logo. You have to identify yourselves through wearing a logo.

Now, people will identify themselves by voting for a logo, not a person. Obama is a blank slate. He flip-flops on everything. He supports FISA, supports the troops staying in Iraq a little bit longer.

He does all the stuff a mainstream politician would do, Democrat and Republican alike.

I’m really disturbed that his advisors are heavily involved with The Trilateral Commission. I have a feeling that the direction of this country is going to take another turn for the worse if, indeed, The Trilateral Commission has anything to say about that and I expect they will.

Bonanno: Some time ago I wrote an article. I was so proud of myself. I used a word and I thought I made it up. It was “Corporacracy”. I was so disappointed to find out that around two or three hundred people had used it before I did. There’s another version which is “Corportacracy”.

This is a bit of a commentary rather than a question but, to me, no matter who’s elected – if they are, indeed elected by the way, we know how our voting system is – no matter who’s elected, they’re going to do what they’re told by people who want to make a lot of money. That’s just an opinion. I guess I have no real proof of that.

Kupsc: We can only hope. Just being realistic, I vote for a third party candidate.

This is my personal statement. I don’t believe in the two party system. Soviet Russia had more parties to choose from than we do. I believe in a multi-party system and I vote for a third party.

I’m also realistic. I know that my vote is not going to make any difference and I’m most likely throwing my vote away. I look at it from another perspective.

In all likelihood, we will have an election unless there’s an October surprise of some kind. We have “Continuity of Government” proclaimed.

Bonanno: Exactly. Directive 51, right?

Kupsc: We can only hope that the next guy will do less damage. This is what we have in this “delusional democracy”. These are the words of Joel Hirschhorn who writes for OpEdNews. “Delusional democracy” is his term and it’s the greatest description of what we’re having. We’re deluding ourselves that there is democracy in this country. So, we can only hope that the next guy will do less damage, so choosing between two evils is our democracy.

Bonanno: I think I heard radio personality Randi Rhodes once point out that we only have one more political party than Saddam Hussein had. That’s how democratic we are.

If a sequel isn’t next, what do you see next for Jarek Kupsc?

Kupsc: Well, I’m going to spend some time in Poland starting with showing “The Reflecting Pool” at the film festival in September.

Then I’m going to try to drum up some resources for the next project.

I’m not a political film maker. “The Reflecting Pool” is not about politics. It’s about the pursuit of truth, among other things. I don’t really believe in combining art and politics in one neat package. I think it’s detrimental to the art or, sometimes, the politics. I just could not help myself but make this movie just because my conscience was eating me up and I had to get it out of my system. I don’t see myself continuing making political films but I’m not ruling it out.

It all depends on where the money comes from and if I can continue making any film at all.

I have plans for a sci-fi epic. I have plans for a historical movie about the 200 Year War, meaning the American Indian Holocaust. I’d like to make it into a really good Western.

There are all kinds of things I’d like to make. However, I cannot make another movie with my own money because I have none left.

Bonanno: Yeah, I guess food and shelter are very important in our lives.

After I watched “The Reflecting Pool”, I really wasn’t surprised because I’d seen quite a few trailers and clips in various places.

I really have to tip my hat to you, Rober – whoops, I almost made that mistake – Joseph Culp, who looks a lot like his father, by the way. I hope he doesn’t mind me saying that.

Kupsc: Oh, no, I’m sure he won’t.

Bonanno: …and whoever helped you make “The Reflecting Pool”.

First of all, I think your goal has been met. If I was sitting on the fence or had some idea or even if I’d never heard anything about it, this is a well enough made film, quality wise and other wise, to make me say at the end, “Wow, this could really happen.”

So I tip my hat to all of you, to you, maybe especially, I don’t know, but to you, for sure, and I thank you for “The Reflecting Pool”.

I think that many of the readers at OEN are going to be happy to hear your take on the movie as well as your take on our democracy.

Thank you so much, Jarek.

Kupsc: Thank you, Michael, and we, collectively, at “The Reflecting Pool” thank you for your support and writing a nice article about this movie.

I only wish more people were doing what you’re doing and let’s hope for the best.




<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&BB_id=112685">Will you buy, have you bought &quotThe Reflecting Pool?&quot</a> <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>



To friendship,
Michael

“You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.” - Ray Bradbury

World Conditions and Action Items
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine
CDs
Peace Please

No comments: