Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Roy Zimmerman's “Thanks For The Support”

A few years back, a political satirist named Johnny Steele put on a show at The Town Hall Play House in Lafayette, California. Steele’s show was funny and I’d definitely go to see him again.

A guest he presented was much funnier than Steele and was also much more politically biting than Steele. After the show, the guest, whose name is Roy Zimmerman, was selling his CD called “Faulty Intelligence” in the foyer of the building. I didn’t have to be convinced to purchase one.

There are satirists that are funny while addressing socially significant issues.

That’s what Roy Zimmerman does – he addresses socially significant points and he’s hilarious. The one word I’m not certain that one can use with other satirists that is perfectly legitimate in describing Roy Zimmerman is brilliant.

In searching for Roy Zimmerman, I was taken to YouTube, where else. The video that opened automatically was of Zimmerman singing a song I hadn’t previously heard. This song is socially significant as well, but it’s anything but funny. It’s a beautiful song and its beauty is in its understanding of the darkness of war. I hope that you can become as emotionally attached to this song as my wife and I did when we first heard it. It’s called:



To friendship,
Michael

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.” - Lily Tomlin

World Conditions and Action Items
CDs
Visions Of New England (Fill My Head)

No comments: