Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Conservative’s and a Liberal’s Views on Impeachment – a Bill Moyers Interview

I don’t like political labels. I think that I could make a case that those who we call “conservative” in the political arena are very liberal on many issues and those who we call “liberal” are conservative. It depends, in my humble opinion, upon the subject at hand and the angle from which we view it.

However, most of the time it’s necessary to use those labels as they’re typically used.

In the video to which I’ve linked on this page, Bruce Fein, a conservative, and John Nichols, a liberal, are interviewed by Bill Moyers.

Fein brought the first article of impeachment against President Clinton. He explains why he did that in the interview.

Fein also belongs to at least one conservative think tank (I’ve never understood what goes on in a “think tank” except, maybe, thinking) and other conservative organizations.

In the linked video, Moyers gets both Fein’s and Nichols’s take on the prevailing dialogue surrounding the possibility of bringing articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush and/or Vice President Richard Cheney.

I found the 24 minute interview both captivating and educational. I think you will, too.

The interview is in two parts. When I was directed to this interview, I was told to make certain that I watch both parts. That was a thoughtful heads-up, but completely unnecessary once I began watching the interview.



To friendship,
Michael Bonanno

“How hard it is, sometimes, to trust the evidence of one's senses! How reluctantly the mind consents to reality.” - Norman Douglas

World Conditions and Action Items
CDs
Save The World




<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&BB_id=104330">Should Congress have begun hearings to impeach Bush or Cheney or both?</a> <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash</a>

No comments: