Friday, November 25, 2005

so, I’m an idiot….

From a friend:

saw an article that was written by Ann Coultre and thought I would check it out to see if she had brought her head out of the Bush smoke screen yet... check out this first paragraph: (written Nov. 24th, 2005)

"In the Iraq war so far, the U.S. military has deposed a dictator who had already used weapons of mass destruction and would have used them again. As we now know, Saddam Hussein was working with al-Qaida and was trying to acquire long-range missiles from North Korea and enriched uranium from Niger."

I'm sure you aren't surprised, but I am at the continuation of the lies after all this time...

just thought I'd share a little outrage with you.

Meta

I don't know why, but I actually don't believe this. Well, I guess I know why. It’s because I don’t think, up to this point, I've heard any human being, thinking or not thinking, conservative or progressive, published or not published, continue to say or write that there was a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam or that the allegation about Niger is still legitimate. This is the first person, in any and/or all of the mentioned categories, whom I’ve seen write or heard say those things.

Add to this the letters to the editor that still support The Regime and it’s no wonder why it won’t change. As long as there’s the faintest breath of life support, it will continue to rein stupidity as well as terror.

To friendship,
Michael

“Iraq was a war of choice, not necessity.” – Senator Barbara Boxer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh this is rich. all you bleeding heart liberls support islmofascists instead of American soldiers so to stop them from coming ouver here and blowing your ass up! maybe you should put a towel on your head and go over and fight for the ENEMY they are the enemy of most of us Americans
this claptrap disgustrs me!

Michael said...

Anonymous, I certainly have mixed feelings about your post.

First, I’m just thrilled that someone finally responded to one of my essays. So, for that I thank you.

Secondly, I take exception to your accusation that I support “Islamofascists” in lieu of supporting American soldiers.

You see, I want the American soldiers to return home and get out of the path of violence and danger.

As far as “true” terrorists are concerned? I could care less if they remain in Iraq and kill each other for the next thousand years. It does seem to be one of the staples of their existence.

I take that back. I do care if they continue to kill each other, but I don’t believe that that the former United States of America should help them in their violent pursuit. That’s patriotism.

If the former United States isn’t careful, it may gain the same reputation as those who’ve been fighting for so long in the Middle East. Since 1800, the US has engaged in13 wars. 69% of those wars have been fought since 1900.

This kind of behavior could lead a nation to get a bad reputation.

To friendship,
Michael